Thursday, 2 August 2012

W3163

Age: 54. Occupation: Student. Location: St Gennys, Cornwall. Marital Status: Married This Directive asked me to keep a diary of the Jubilee Weekend, but as I didn’t read the Directive until a week ago it was too late to do that! I have been studying for a Foundation Science Degree and my exams were in the week before, so by that weekend I was feeling quite shell-shocked from having five exams in three days. I didn’t want to read or write anything at all - so I didn’t. However I can write something from memory for the sake of completing the Directive. There some things going on locally in the Institute and Legion Halls respectively though I didn’t attend any of them. Neither can I say that I had any conversations regarding the Jubilee as the people I mix with lately are all students and had the same strains regarding exams as I did. I did watch the River Pageant but found it quite hard to get too excited about that. It was probably more impressive if you were actually there. I also watched All the Queens Horses and found that at times spellbinding. I’ve recorded it and can watch my favourite bits time and again - the Russians were spectacular!! I also watched the Jubilee Concert which was very good and a great achievement of organisation. I have to say that I am and always have been a strong supporter of the Monarchy and am very proud to be British. The Queen has done and is doing a fantastic job and is so selfless and caring. The changes she has seen in attitude and life in this country over the last 60 years are immense. It must be almost unrecognisable as the same country it was 60 years ago. Those who think she has a privileged and easy life clearly don’t consider the whole picture. I wouldn’t want to swap places with her for anything in the world. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.