Thursday, 2 August 2012

C4957

Student at University of Liverpool, originally from Shrewsbury. Friday 1st June was spent watching the Olympic Torch relay come through Liverpool. Although this is not directly related to the Jubilee, it did capture British spirit and tied in well with the feeling of Britishness at that time. Surprisingly it was a lovely sunny day and my friends and I spent the rest of the afternoon by the Albert Docks. A highlight of the day was listening to the Lloyds TSB advertising bus blasting out James Brown's "Sex Machine" as it drove through the city centre. Saturday 2nd June was a very rainy day. There was a street party happening but we did not attend due to the weather. I had also heard talk of several other street parties taking place in Anfield and in North Liverpool. People living in my street did not organise a street party. I spent the rest of the Jubilee weekend packing and getting to go home for the summer from University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.