Thursday, 2 August 2012

S4059

31, Female, Married IT Administrator, West Midlands 2nd June – I woke up not in my own bed but in a Travelodge bed. This morning was the start of our holiday. We left the hotel at about 7.30am and headed for Dover. What should have been a 60 minute journey turned into 2 and half hours. The radio station explained that everyone was trying to get away for the weekend and was headed for Dover, even without tickets. We weren’t too worried as we had a crossing already booked. We arrived at the port and had a smooth crossing over to Calais. Once in Calais we began the 3 hour journey down towards Disneyland Paris. The weather was very hot and we presumed the UK was experiencing the same. It wasn’t until we called home a few days later that we heard the weather wasn’t so good. Our apartment was great, and we were all looking forward to the start of our holiday 3rd -5th June – We spent the next few days in the Disneyland Parks, and were lucky enough not to have much rain at all. I was surprised, as I thought there would be some references to the Jubilee. However, I think the focus was on the 20th Anniversary of the opening of Disneyland. If we had been at home we would have watched the events on television, but we are not close followers of the Royal Family and so were not too bothered about missing anything. If I had to choose again, I would miss the celebrations and go on holiday with my family. There were no events happening in ur neighbourhood, that I know of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.